Sunday 24 February 2013

Saturday

I don't really have that much to write about to everyone, I had a pretty boring week. School....pub...bed. Nothing new to report.  I am very jealous of the snowstorm KC and STL had. It almost seems a shame that being so cloudy/rainy all the time London doesn't get a least one REAL snow a year....

This weekend I decided I was going to broaden my horizon aka friends and go out with the Brazilians from school. I think half of my school is made up of Brazilians because in every class there are at least 10 people from Brazil, their casual conversations of housekeepers and their horses at home also intrigued me.One of them tried to prank me with a fake cockroach....still not sure why he had brought a fake bug to class. I didn't have the heart to tell him that while I am scared of cockroaches  1. I have an older brother, getting pranked was like my childhood 2. I'm a pro a pranking (KC roommates....remember the week I buried a skateboard under the snow)

Back to the story, I recieved a text on Friday night telling me my name was on the list at Zoo! Of course I googled what the hell I was getting myself into. I am really more of a get drunk at a dive bar than a bottle service kind of girl anyway but isnt the whole reason I am across the pond to experience new things....Like a night out at a club with a bunch of Brazilians. I don't need to get into any details but the night got a little out of hand but a good clean fun out of hand.

The next morning I woke up around 10am..that alone should shock everyone because I am usually up at the crack of dawn. I was having a slow morning in bed when all of a sudden I heard what, to me sounded like a bomb had just gone off. Of course, I had just blown the fuse next to bed. By blown the fuse I mean the extension cord next to my bed blew up, who knew that the plugs were sooo shitty over here that if you had 4 things plugged in (also using plug converters) that it would be a deal breaker. I know I can be a little dramatic...but Im not. Im talking like the whole 4 socket thing turned black also blackening things around it. I got so nervous my whole room was about to burst into flames. (Yes, I have seen Just Married and thats basically what almost happened) Well maybe it was nerves, maybe it was the amount of alcohol I had consumed the night before but I forgot how to walk and fell down the stairs.....

I then ran down the hall to the person working the front door to tell them that I maybe just set my room on fire, but really I was also thinking....I am so glad I put pants on when I went to bed last night. Turns out I only actually blew a fuse, so maybe three other rooms surrounding me had their fuses blown too but thats neither here nor there.

So I have bruises all over my legs from falling down the stairs, and maybe a bit of a bruised ego, literally personifying the American stereotype to the Italian man who works the front desk at my apartment. And yes, I did stay in bed for the rest of the day.

Love ya, TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Fancy Yancey, thanks for the update, have to admit,reading the blown-blacked out outlet was much funnier than seeing/talking on face time in almost real time. The slow time web images of you a bit hung over with the black, almost fire marks on your bed covers made me imagine danger and wild friends....aka..scared Mama!
    But reading your adventures makes me happy to imagine you and your overthinking/analyzing of everything. You are so perseptive and observant, your mind must be in overdrive!
    I miss you terribly!! I am so glad that we can talk via Skype and face time though Jax is very confused when he hears your voice...he looks at me, like yeah, your blonde, but you are NOT my puppy mama!
    Adeline loved our talk too, but was very concerned about discussing my trip in May, she thinks I'm going to be gone a long time like her Auntie, don't think she would like to be without both of us

    Love you my sweet Scrapper, I miss you more than words, I'm counting the days until I can see you in London. I am proud of you and your courage. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete